Academic Advising is responsible for implementing undergraduate academic policy, including reviewing academic progress, facilitating the return to Stanford after time away, and adjudicating requests for exceptions. The following pages offer clarification on these policies, as well as guidance on the procedures and forms related to them.
Not all university policies are addressed here. For a complete and official description of Stanford’s academic policies, please refer to the Stanford Bulletin.
Find information about minimum academic progress requirements for all Stanford undergraduates and coterminal students, as well as details about academic probation and similar statuses.
Leaves of Absence
Students may wish to take time off from Stanford for a variety of reasons. Learn more about the Leave of Absence process here.
- What are my graduation requirements and how do I check them?
- Choosing Courses for General Education Requirements
- What happens if I don't meet my minimum requirements?
- Does Stanford have an attendance policy?
- What academic deadlines should I be aware of?
- Help, I have an enrollment hold!
- Can I get credit for AP, IB, or Transfer Courses?
- Can I take more than 20 units in a quarter?
- Can I take this course for Credit/No Credit?
- Should I Withdraw from this course?
- Asking for an Incomplete
- Repeating a Course
Enrollment Deadlines and Final Exams
The Registrar's Office also maintains important information about the academic calendar, enrollment deadlines, and the final exam schedule: