Working with Student-Athletes
Student-Athletes at Stanford participate in 36 different varsity athletic sports, and make up approximately 12% of the undergraduate population. This page was designed as a resource for faculty and staff supporting student-athletes. If you have questions or concerns regarding a student-athlete, please reach out to their Undergraduate Advising Director for Student-Athletes.
- Best Practices for Faculty Regarding Athletic-Academic Conflicts [PDF]
- Department of Athletics, Physical Education, and Recreation Staff Directory [Link]
If you have recommendations as to which materials you would like to see on this webpage, please email Monique Holt at email@example.com.
Faculty Athletic Fellows Program
Faculty Athletics Fellows are a group of faculty committed to strengthening and harmonizing the ties between athletics and academics for Stanford’s student-athletes. Each team will have one or several Faculty Athletics Fellows, who will build rapport with student-athletes and coaches and serve as liaisons and mentors regarding academic resources and opportunities, the challenges student-athletes face both inside and outside the classroom, and career aspirations.
- To support and strengthen the ties between athletics and academics at Stanford
- To further advance the connections and rapport between our student-athletes and coaches and the faculty
- To provide student-athletes with accessible additional sources of support and mentoring
- To provide additional guidance to student-athletes in pursuing their academic goals, in managing the demands of their academic and athletic responsibilities, and in pursuing their career aspirations both inside and outside their sport.
- To cultivate awareness and appreciation of student-athlete experiences among the faculty
If you are interested in serving as a Faculty Athletics Fellow for a varsity team, please contact Jeff Koseff at firstname.lastname@example.org.