Financial Aid Concerns for Coterms
Your financial aid eligibility hinges on whether you are an undergraduate or graduate student. To make sure you are on track for the financial aid you need as a coterm, see a Financial Aid Counselor to discuss your options before you have completed 180 units. See the Financial Aid Office's website.
THE FINANCIAL AID OFFICE CONSIDERS COTERMS TO BE UNDERGRADS:
- If the undergraduate degree has not been conferred, and
- If enrolled in 3rd or 4th year, and
- If still demonstrates financial need
THE FINANCIAL AID OFFICE CONSIDERS COTERMS TO BE GRADS:
- If undergraduate degree has been conferred, or
- If enrolled beyond 12th quarter (including quarters attended elsewhere, e.g., transfer students)
13th quarter / A fifth year:
You cannot apply for financial aid after 12 quarters in order to receive funding for coterm courses. Keeping your undergraduate record open beyond 12 quarters will not allow you to receive more undergraduate aid for your graduate coterm degree.